The role of a Prayer Chaplain is to hold spiritual space, listen from the heart, pray with others, and hold in confidence what is shared.
People who volunteer to be a Prayer Chaplain agree to take on certain responsibilities, such as:
• Make a one-year commitment to serve;
• Maintain a personal prayer life;
• Provide one-on-one prayer after the Sunday service in the Chaplain’s Corner
• Make wellness calls to members of our congregation;
• Communicate regularly with the Prayer Chaplain coordinator;
• Attend a mandatory orientation, training sessions, and regular chaplain meetings.
Being a Prayer Chaplain is a way to express one’s divine potential while achieving deeper spiritual fulfillment.
If you think you would like to serve as a Prayer Chaplain, we invite you to pray about your calling. Stepping up to this sacred service also is stepping up to your next level of spiritual growth. More information about the program is available from the church. If you have questions, please feel free to contact our office or talk with one of our current chaplains.